As we’re getting ready for Christmas in the Park this weekend I want to thank everyone again who is helping!
– transporting everything to the Civic Center Friday (Noon at the church)
– setting up the tables at the Civic Center Friday (Noon – 3 pm)
– baking brownies, cut & bagged individually, cobblers and/or pies (Friday, noon-3 pm at the Civic Center or Saturday morning by 9 am)
– packing up what isn’t sold and taking it back to the church on Saturday (3 pm)
– SHOPPING! Saturday, 9 am – 3 pm
WEDNESDAY NIGHT DESSERTS
I also want to thank Judy Beaty who gave Bettye Gilbert a little break on DESSERT DUTY for Wednesday night meals. Bettye was anxious to get back so a big thank-you to Bettye, too! I can’t say desserts are the BEST part of the meal but we sure do love our desserts so won’t you help, please? JUST BRING A DESSERT ONE TIME A MONTH! Yup, it’s that simple! Pick the week you want and once a month you can be a hero! Please call or EMAIL
Bettye Gilbert directly and say, “This is my church – I’ll do it!” (903) 347-1070
THERE WILL BE NO WEDNESDAY NIGHT MEAL on 11/24 BEFORE THANKSGIVING
IT’S TIME TO DECK THE HALLS … really!! Sunday, 11/21 AFTER CHURCH
Please plan to stay after church on Sunday, 21st, and help us put up all our Christmas decorations! Carry a few boxes in, hang a little garland, help put some Chrismons on the tree … MANY HANDS MAKE LIGHT WORK so please plan to stay after church to help.
COMMUNITY THANKSGIVING SERVICE at FIRST BAPTIST … 11/21, 5 PM at First Baptist
I have not been able to participate in the past because it has conflicted with our year-end Charge Conference but I’m excited to be part of it this year! I hope you’ll join me and all the other churches in town for this ecumenical service of thanksgiving … we DO have so much to be thankful for!
Grace and peace,